Sunday, March 22, 2009

"We Came, We Saw, We Conquered!"

After arriving in New York only a couple days before it was now Monday, the doom day. The day in which I had to leave the BIG apple. We did not let that get us down though, we were on a mission to CONQUER the City. Our first destination of the day was the TODAY show. 3 out of 4 of us made it out of bed that morning to go. So the 3 of us with our signs in hand walked up the street to go stand outside in hopes of getting our 5 seconds of fame.

After standing in the cold, weaving our way to the front, my cute sign made its TV appearance. That was definitely an adventure that morning! Let's just say the lady grabbed the Ireland flag from my frozen little hands. I was so glad Vince and Maria stuck it out with me though. Thanks guys!!!!!

After the show we made a quick pit stop at our hotel to finish packing and check out and then we headed to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. The wax museum was so fun and we got to see so many celebs including my favorite Food Network Host.


Since Vince didn't get to see the part of Brooklyn that the rap songs sing about, we made sure he got his picture with Biggie!


After the wax museum we took the subway up to central park so that we could take a horse drawn carriage through the park. I'm so glad we ended up doing that because our carriage driver was the one who let us know the show Gossip Girl was filming.

We are BIG fans of Gossip Girl, so this was the "cherry on top" of our fabulous weekend. For all you GG fans, that is Chuck Bass walking by. I have no idea what got into me this weekend. I usually don't ask celebrities for pictures and I wouldn't usually scream "Chuck" from across the street, but I did.

After seeing Chuck Bass and a few other characters including the infamous Blair, I felt as if our trip was now complete.

After waiting around to see if Serena (Blake Lively) would make an appearance, we decided to walk across the street to FAO Schwartz. That toy store is amazing! In the Barbie section you could make your own Barbie and in the baby doll section it was like a little hospital, the sales woman even wore a nurses outfit.

After FAO we walked back over to to see if anything new was happening with GG. What we found instead was the street filled with police officers.

We then headed back down to our hotel stopping at the Disney and NBA stores, we also grabbed a bite to eat at GoodBurger. You know the one "Welcome to GoodBurger, Home of the GoodBurger, Can I take your order?" Made famous by Kenan and Kel!!!! The hamburger was worth the money we paid. It was indeed a "GOOD" burger!!!!!!!!

After another great day in the city, it was now time to fly home, but not until we saw actress Jennifer Tilly at the airport first. This time I didn't ask for a picture though.

I could not believe how amazing our trip to New York was, it really didn't stop until we got on the plane. I hope my last couple of posts have given you a taste of NEW YORK and have shown you the many reasons why I love that City!!!!!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. That's so tight Kristen! I'm glad you guys had fun! GOSSIP GIRL!!!! OMG!!! and Good Burger and White Castle and Brooklyn!!! I can't belive you saw Chuck Bass!!!

    ReplyDelete